Abu Dhabi leads the regional charge, alongside Manama and Riyadh
New research conducted by baggage storage firm Bounce has hailed Abu Dhabi, Manama, and Riyadh among its top five best capital cities to visit.
The Capital Cities Index is based on factors such as the average cost of a hotel and transport, number of attractions and restaurants, and average temperatures and rainfall, and was devised to reveal the best capital cities to visit on your next city break.
Valetta came out on top as the most popular capital city in the world with an overall score of 6.74 out of 10.
Abu Dhabi was the highest-ranked of the GCC cities to feature, coming in second with a score of 6.24 out of 10, while Manama took the fourth spot (5.77) and Riyadh the fifth with a score of 5.74. Muscat (sixth) and Kuwait City (eighth) cap a strong showing from the region.
- Ankara is the best capital city for hotel prices, with an average price of $45.74 per night.
- Luxembourg has free public transport and is the crowned best capital city for transport in the world.
- Bangkok is the best capital city for temperature with an average of 26.6 degrees!
- Cairo has the least rainfall with only 18mm of average rainfall per year.
- Valletta is both the best capital city for attractions (311 per KM per sq) and for restaurants (442.6 KM per sq).
Keep up to date with the latest travel news here.